For decades, porcelain veneers have provided an excellent conservative option for creating a beautiful smile. What are veneers? A veneer is an ultra-thin layer of lab-fabricated porcelain bonded to the prepared surface of teeth. This popular aesthetic treatment is used to enhance the color, shape, size, length, and alignment of your teeth. Today, porcelain veneers are color stable and strong once they are bonded to the teeth and have the capacity to last for many years.
Porcelain veneers are the treatment of choice for the following reasons:
- More conservative than crowns because they require less tooth reduction
- Last longer than cosmetic bonding
- Look and feel more like natural teeth compared to bonding
- More stain resistant than bonding
- Used to close gaps or to straighten crowded teeth (instant orthodontics)
- Great solution for severely discolored teeth
- Excellent choice for teeth needing multiple changes
Porcelain veneers remain a treatment of choice for patients who would like a conservative approach to a stunning smile transformation. Lumineers are also available for certain patients who are good candidates for a minimal to prepless porcelain veneer procedure. Generally, veneer preparation, design, and placement takes only two visits. To learn about the minimal to prepless veneers we offer, visit our Lumineers page. Patients who have had porcelain veneers placed continue to be amazed by the transformation this treatment achieves. Do not wait any longer to enjoy the beautiful smile you always wanted. Ask your dentist today about strong, attractive porcelain veneers.